Some people say that amlodipine has a protective effect on the heart, and left-handedness is only a blood pressure reduction. Is it really?
Amlodipine, a third-generation long-acting calcium antagonist, is a commonly used drug for the treatment of hypertension and angina pectoris. The half-life is as long as 35-50 hours, once a day, it can be smoothly reduced blood pressure.
Amlodipine is a chiral drug containing levamlodipine and d-amlodipine, each accounting for 50%. Namely: 5 mg amlodipine = 2.5 mg levamlodipine + 2.5 mg d-amlodipine.
D-Amlodipine has almost no antihypertensive effect. Therefore, oral administration of 2.5 mg of levamlodipine is equivalent to the antihypertensive effect of oral administration of 5 mg of amlodipine, and oral administration of 5 mg of levamlodipine is equivalent to the antihypertensive effect of oral administration of 10 mg of amlodipine.
II. Levamlodipine has been proven to have a reliable antihypertensive effect
Using a randomized, double-blind approach to evaluate the clinical efficacy of levoamlodipine and amlodipine in the treatment of primary mild to moderate hypertension with 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure, the results showed that:
1. There is no difference in antihypertensive effect: L-amlodipine and ammonia chloride can significantly reduce 24-hour systolic and diastolic blood pressure, daytime systolic and diastolic blood pressure, nighttime systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure, and both have no antihypertensive effect difference.
2. 1 or 2 times of leakage has no effect on blood pressure: the half-life of levamlodipine and amlodipine is 35-50 hours, and there is no significant change in systolic and diastolic blood pressure after 24 and 48 hours of leakage. Even if you miss the occasion, you can still control your blood pressure better.
III. Levamlodipine has been shown to have a lower incidence of adverse reactions than amlodipine
1. Peripheral edema:
The edema response at 2, 4, and 8 weeks after treatment with levamlodipine was lighter than calcium antagonists such as amlodipine, nifedipine controlled release/sustained release tablets, and felodipine sustained release tablets, and with medication time The prolonged edema rate has decreased to varying degrees. The incidence of peripheral edema after treatment with levamlodipine for 8 weeks was 8.9%.
2. Facial flushing:
In the first week after treatment, the incidence of flushing of amlodipine was 15.7%, which was significantly reduced after treatment with levamlodipine. The incidence of flushing was 1.3% at 8 weeks of treatment with levamlodipine.
3. Dizziness: The vertigo caused by levamlodipine, amlodipine, nifedipine controlled release/sustained release tablets, and felodipine sustained release tablets were mild and had no significant correlation with the length of treatment.
4. Headache: L-amlodipine, amlodipine, nifedipine controlled release/sustained release tablets, and felodipine sustained-release tablets, all initially mild to moderate headache, headaches were alleviated or disappeared at 8 weeks of treatment. Most of them are mild headaches.
IV. L-Amlodipine, which protects vital organs
1. Reversing left ventricular hypertrophy and improving left ventricular diastolic function
Left ventricular hypertrophy is the main form of heart disease caused by hypertension and is one of the most common target organ damage. A number of clinical studies have shown that after 40 weeks of continuous administration, levoamlodipine and ammonia chloride can effectively reverse left ventricular hypertrophy and improve left ventricular diastolic function, and there is no significant difference.
2. Protect the function of the kidneys
Renal damage is a common complication in patients with hypertension, and its early clinical manifestations are mainly increased proteinuria excretion. Studies have shown that levamlodipine combined with other types of antihypertensive drugs can reduce proteinuria in a variety of patients with chronic kidney disease, and delay the progression of chronic kidney disease.
3. Improve insulin resistance
About 50% of people with hypertension have insulin resistance, and insulin resistance is earlier than or at the same time as hypertension. Studies have shown that levamlodipine has an enhanced effect on insulin sensitivity in hypertensive patients and can improve insulin resistance in patients with essential hypertension.
1. L-Amlodipine has a reliable therapeutic effect in the treatment of hypertension;
2. L-Amlodipine reduces the incidence of adverse reactions to a certain extent;
3. A growing number of clinical studies have shown that levamlodipine has protective effects on important organs such as heart and kidney.